Sydney, NSW, Australia – July 4-11, 2019
VENUES: Sydney Opera House, Sydney Town Hall, Angel Place City Recital Hall, Darling Harbour and St. James’ Church
AWARDS: The festival jury will award each ensemble Gold, Silver, or Bronze plaques based on the concert performance. A Showcase Award category is offered for groups that do not wish to compete.
Experience performing at Sydney’s magnificent Opera House, a memory that will last a lifetime!
Celebrating its 30th year in 2019 the Australian International Music Festival is one of our most popular and best-attended events. With an average of 900 – 1,300 participants each year we regularly have groups from Australia, China, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore and the USA providing a once in a lifetime musical, educational and cultural experience.
This Music Festival is open to groups of all types but in particular Wind Bands, Orchestra, Choirs, and Jazz Bands. As well as performing at the Sydney Opera House, participants will also perform at venues such as the City Recital Hall [affectionately known as Angel Place], Town Hall and Darling Harbour. As well as incredible performance opportunities, World Projects South Pacific aims to expand your mind with workshops from distinguished clinicians flown in from around the world, and cultural exchanges with other bands who share your passion for music but might speak another language, an experience not to be missed.
- Seven (7) nights accommodation at a recommended central Sydney budget hotel or moderate priced hotel, or student conference centre in Sydney’s suburbs
- All Breakfasts – Seven (7) at the accommodation
- Tour Manager for the duration of your stay in Sydney. (NB: it is compulsory that all groups have an Australian International Music Festival appointed tour leader).
- Airport Transfers in Sydney and Meet ‘n’ Greet at Sydney Airport
- All coaching as required by the Festival and sightseeing activities
- One (1) adjudicated performance for each ensemble at Sydney Town Hall / Angel Place City Recital Hall
- Performance at the Concert Hall, in Sydney Opera House (Jazz groups are not permitted to perform in the Sydney Opera House – a substitute performance will be arranged)
- One (1) performance at St James’ Church (Choirs only)
- One (1) outdoor performance at Darling Harbour (Instrumental Groups only)
- One (1) full ensemble workshops per traveling school with Festival Faculty (two (2) for participating orchestras)
- One (1) Instrumental rehearsal exchange per travelling group (Wind Ensembles / Concert Bands / Jazz Bands)
- Participation in the Festival Massed Chorus performed at the Festivals Command Performance (participating choirs only)
- One (1) Festival performance recording per ensemble
- Official Festival T-shirt
- Official Festival Souvenir Program
- Official Festival Sticker
- Festival registration fees
- Access to all Festival events
- Festival Closing Party
- Sightseeing activities including a Rocks Walking Tour, Orientation Tour and Sydney Harbour Cruise
- Award Plaque
World Projects: +61 (0) 2 9453 5188; firstname.lastname@example.org